Saturday, October 06, 2007

Evergreen

I was listening to Tristreza recently and decided I wanted to give another shot at something like that - a combination drone/melody piece. The result took some time to get together, but I think the result was worth the wait. I'm pleased with it, anyway.

The drone is a little more subdued this time around - behind the guitar motif at the beginning and finally getting a solo reprise near the end. In between is one of the nicer melodies I've done in a while, something almost like an actual song.

I'd like to say more, but my brain is semi-fried and the tune pretty well speaks for itself. The beat is 8Hz, and with headphones this one makes a nice relaxation piece. Enjoy, and thanks again to everyone for hanging in with my slower production schedule. So far I don't think I've lost any subscribers, and hopefully things will pick up speed come spring.

Evergreen

5 comments:

eric said...

This is a great one. Thanks!

emathy said...

Hi. I discovered your site (and binaural beats in general) only last weekend and I really love your stuff. Will you be posting more? Your music is beautiful and the beats work great for me! :)

Are you the Jon Wheeler on iLike with a song called "Drift" (that you can't play) listed?

Evergreen is my favourite track. I use it with Paraclete and Advent to chill out on breaks at work. :D

Bravo!

Em

Petal said...

I do have a song called "Drift," so that could be me. I never heard of iLike until now, though...

Glad you like the music. Evergreen is by far my favorite as well.

Thanks!

Jon

emathy said...

Yay, I'm glad you're back. Thanks for the new track & happy new year!

Petal said...

Thanks - I don't know why I didn't mention this before, but "Drift" is a Binaural Banjo tune from August 2006. It should be in the archives if you're interested in hearing it.

"Drift" was also included in a release of darker ambient music I released at the Zenapolae netlabel. You might dig it all - there's lots of great musicians putting out stuff through Zenapolae, but mine is under the artist name "Petal."

Thanks again - new episode posted today, hopefully an improvement over the last one!