Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Free CD

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for listening to the Binaural Banjo and tell you about a free CD promotion.

From the beginning, one of my main interests in producing this podcast was to see how many listeners would subscribe if I simply put the music out there without any real promotion. After listing the Binaural Banjo with iTunes and a couple of other podcast directories, I let the world wide web do its thing while I focused on creating content.

And the web has done its thing. Last summer, it took four months for the Binaural Banjo to reach a thousand downloads. Now there are more than a thousand downloads per month. That's an enormous increase, but still humble by comparison with other podcasts which are downloaded several thousand times per day.

So I'd like to ask for everyone's help in spreading the word about the Binaural Banjo with a limited time offer of 50 free, custom order compact discs. Originally, I was planning on creating a “best of” compilation, but I decided it would be more fun for me to find out what your favorites are! So, for the next month, the first 50 listeners to email me at earthmaestro@gmail.com with a list of their favorite episodes will receive a free CD featuring the original .wav files of those songs.

In return, all I ask is that you will all spread the word about the Binaural Banjo. Please refer the show to anyone and everyone who you think will enjoy it, and if you get a CD, by all means make copies and share! Encourage your friends to subscribe through iTunes or other podcast directories, or else visit this site. It is my hope that, with your help, the number of downloads will increase to at least a thousand per week, or better yet per day!

Once again, thank you for listening.

Free CD Promotion

No comments: