Thursday, July 01, 2010

Epiphany

I was working on this tune for an upcoming ambient release - it was mostly guitar and electric piano - and decided it would translate really well as an episode for the podcast, too. In fact, I like this version so much that I will probably use it rather than the piano arrangement on the full length, which will hopefully be out in another month or so.

The drone in this one is pretty dense, and a lot more forward in the mix than I've been doing for some time. I don't think it gets in the way of the melody, however, which also harkens back to earlier episodes in that it's simple, slow, and somewhat repetitive. But unlike some of those older episodes, there's a counter melody and I think the interplay works well enough to keep the song moving. So in many ways this song is a return to things I used to do a lot, only with an ear towards making the whole thing work better as a song and not simply a meditation.

Which brings us to the important detail - the binaural beat is 12Hz, which should be good for relaxation without causing drowsiness or too much zoning out. It's another SBaGen drone, and it's also more forward in the mix this time.

I hope you all enjoy it.

Epiphany

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just subscribed to your binaural banjo podcast, really enjoying it. thanks!
Francis

John M said...

I love your music, just found it today. It is beautiful. Thanks for sharing this with us.