Sunday, June 24, 2007

Moonlight

Lately I've been working towards synthesizing the best elements of of the different "phases" which this podcast has gone through. I'm still kind of torn over making the music too repetitive - it obviously can get boring, but typically what I want is for people to hear the melody once or twice and then just zone out with the binaural beats - 6Hz this week. I thought it worked really well with Reverence two weeks ago, so I kept things in the same vein this time. But I guess that's a long term goal, balancing entertainment value with the relaxation that I like these pieces to inspire. Feedback is always welcome.

As far as the binaural beats go, I've been really happy with SBaGen. I think the quality of the binaural experience is much higher, but the textures aren't the same as what I was getting from the ebow drones. So I combined them this week, and gave the last couple of minutes over droning. I hope everyone out there enjoys it - all around, this is another one that I've been surprisingly pleased with.

Moonlight

No comments: