Sunday, May 27, 2007

Immolation

This week's episode began as a tongue-in-cheek blues jam - all that remains of the original idea is the 20 Hz alpha beat, once more courtesy of SBaGen.

Somewhere along the way, the feel changed and I decided to do a dark ambient treatment on the solo/improv section. The loops and chords which had been the base of the blues tune got wiped out, and the minimal drum track got overlayed with some delay and white noise. So we're left with a gradually swelling mass of anxious noise. I like it, but it's a different tone from what I generally do here, and about as far from Pequita and Tristeza as a tune could be. If anyone really likes it, they ought to check out my other podcast, Drone Lab - there's a link from my profile. The tendency on those episodes has always been a little more minimal and lot more darkness and noise.

Immolation

No comments: